As a business owner you have more important things to do than to keep your own books or manage your accoutning department. In our Client Accounting Services department, we offer services ranging from bookkeeping to business management to fully outsourcing your accounting department function to our firm. You are an expert at what you do and need to focus solely on running your business to ensure you are maximizing profits. By allowing us to handle all of your accounting needs and functions, you can focus on running your business and doing what you do best. Whichever level of service you require you receive accounting services from our experienced bookkeeping staff up to the partners that over see your accounting, who can help oversee your cash flow, banking matters and ensuring that all matters are taken care of so you can focus on your business operations.
We will work with you to understand what is most important in your business and how you approach your business to ensure the financial reports you receive provide data in a format that coincides with how you make your business decisions. We will make sure that your accounting and reporting is handled timely and accurately.
We will ensure that all of your accounts are reconciled and all activity is accounted for. We will review your financial information with you to ensure you are aware of operating performance and bring any matters to your attention that we believe need to be addressed.
We can assist with payroll and payroll taxes, sales tax, personal property tax reoprting, Secretary of State filings and more. If you will allow us, we will become your one-stop shop so you can essentially eliminate much, if not all of your internal accounitng department likely helping you save money while providing oustanding comprehensive services.
Each month or quarter we'll do the following things for you...
- Reconcile your bank account
- Generate an income statement
- Generate a balance sheet
- Clean up your general ledger
- Provide consultation
Reconciling your business checking account each month allow us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date.
Having us reconcile your account each month allows you to...
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank
charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing? You can't
really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on
your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively.
Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and
promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged
checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency
of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This
reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period.
An income statement allows you to...
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. Like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business' financial condition at a specific moment in time.
A balance sheet helps you:
- quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business
- identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively
- determine if your business is in a position to expand
- determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses
- determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves
- determine if your business has been slowing down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage
Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
The general ledger is the core of your company's financial records. These records constitute the central "books" of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books.
Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we'll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tip top shape.
We are always available to spend time with you so you fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information we provide. Our consultations are already included in our price, so please feel free to call us whenever you have a question or concern.